Adult Fitness Program
Office Hours - Mon, Tues, Thurs.
8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
What is the Adult Fitness Program?
The Adult Fitness Program is part of the Cardiac rehab program at Mackinac Straits Health Systems. It is for people completing the Phase 2 cardiac rehab program or for any person who wants to join a supervised exercise program. . Many skilled professionals are part of the Adult Fitness Program team including exercise specialist, nurses, and a medical director.
Benefits of Exercise
One of the best things you can do for yourself is exercise. The benefits include:
- Weight loss
- Reduction in resting blood pressure
- Reduction in Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels
- Helps control blood glucose levels
- Stress management
- Increased energy levels
Adult Fitness Services
The Adult Fitness team provides you with quality services including:
- Risk Factor Screening
- Risk Factor Education
- Goal setting with individualized exercise prescription
- Assessment of heart rate, blood pressure and overall response to exercise
Adult Fitness Fees:
$4.00 per session
$30.00 per month
For more information about the Adult Fitness Program or to make an appointment, please call 906-328-2104.