- Bone Density Scanning - enhanced x-ray trechnology used to measure bone loss.
Bone Density scanning is available Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- CT Scanning ( "CAT Scanning" ) - x-ray technology combined with computer imaging which produces cross sectional pictures of the body. Mackinac Straits Health System has a 64 slice CT Scanner.
CT is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Mammography - low-dose x-ray system to examine breasts
Mammography is available Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- MRI - radiology modality which uses magnetism, radio waves, and a computer to produce images of body structures
1.5T Siemens Symphony
Bore length is only 63”
Bore Diameter is 25”
Patient Weight Limit is 440lbs.
Scanning Monday –Friday from 8am-430pm -
- Ultrasound Imaging - exposing parts of the body to high-frequency sound waves to produce internal images of the body
Ultrasound is available Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- X-Ray - exposing a part of the body to a small dose of ionizing radiation to produce picture of the inside of the body
X-ray is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.